In order to make your equity crowdfunding investment, access the platform and register by entering your e-mail address and password. You can also do so via Facebook or Google.
Once you have completed this step, you will have to activate your profile for investment purposes: go to your personal area "My Account" and complete the sections "My info" and "To invest". Let's see them in detail.
Remember that you cannot invest without activating your profile.
A. Section "My info"
Complete the section, which includes several steps:
- full fill your personal data;
- verify your identity and address through the so-called KYC process. For this step, you need a valid ID (ID card, driver's license, or passport) and a selfie, taken without glasses or any other accessories.
NB: Take or upload a real-time photo, no scans, photocopies, screenshots, or any similar formats are accepted;
- add your bank account, which must be in your name. If it is a joint bank account, enter the name and surname of all the holders and separate them with a comma. Walliance will never debit your bank account;
- complete the anti-money laundering, which aims at protecting the company itself as well as investors and offerers from attempted bribery, online fraud, and money laundering practices.
B. Section "To invest"
In this section, you can find the Appropriateness Questionnaire (MiFID), required by CONSOB regulations. It aims at verifying that you have the level of experience and knowledge necessary to understand the risks related to the investment offer.
Go to the "Invest > Equity" section: here you will find the list of all projects. Among the available projects choose what suits you best. You can access information and documentation regarding the operation within the project tab. For specific requests, contact the Offeror directly via the Q&A section.
Once you have selected your investment, you will have five steps to follow: if you have not yet activated your profile, please return to step 2 of this article.
- Confirmation of the invested amount.
- Indexing service, which is not mandatory.
- Verification of the data you have entered.
- Choice of a non-profit organization among those listed in the agreement with Italia non-profit: you choose and Walliance donates 2x1000 of your investment to it. This step is also optional.
- Confirmation of your investment. This page will indicate the IBAN of the bank account to which the transfer will be made. You will also receive a confirmation email with the same data.
You have 14 days henceforth to transfer the money. The transfer must be made by the same IBAN filled out in your personal dashboard (inside the section "My Info") and must correspond to a bank account in your name (or joint account).
For investments in financial instruments through authorized online portals involving both risk and debt, Italian law provides that sums of money relating to the execution of orders are paid into an unavailable checking account in the name of the Offeror company.
Whether the crowdfunding campaign succeeds, during the processing of the offer, the quotas corresponding to the invested amount will be registered in your name, depending on whether you have invested in an equity crowdfunding campaign. You will become an official member of the company developing the project.
Alternatively, if the fundraising campaign does not reach the minimum amount envisaged, then the offer will be considered unsuccessful and you will be returned the invested amounts.
Finally, there are several ways to keep track of the progress of the operations you have already joined.
- In the "Updates" section of the project tab, by clicking on the details of each event, you can get an overview of where the project is at.
- You can ask questions directly to the Offeror in the Q&A area of the project tab.
- At the end of each quarter, a progress report will be published in the "Updates" section, summarizing the status of the project in which you have invested.
The documents contain the data sent to us by the Offeror company in the weeks preceding the publication. These data are graphically and stylistically processed by Walliance, in order to ensure a simple and uniform reading. Also, this allows you to compare data over time. This activity is not mandatory, but rather a good management practice on the part of the individual Offeror company. Make sure you have activated the newsletter to receive an automatic email every time a report - or any other update - is uploaded.
Now you just have to find out which will be your first investment: here you can find all the projects presented on the platform!